Our checklist includes when choosing an air purifier.
– Price range: It depends on how much you want to invest in a suitable air purifier
– Filtration system: The different types of filters or other air purification systems used in an air purifier.
– Filter replacement indicator: Some air purifiers have indicators which notify you when you need to replace the filter specifically for the HEPA filter as it cannot be cleaned and reused.
– Air quality indicator: Some air purifiers have indicators which notify you of the air quality.
– Noise level: Air purifiers have different motor speeds which could get noisy especially if you want in on during the night whilst sleeping and something you should take into consideration. Measured in decibels.
– Coverage area: It is the square feet for air an air purifier can effectively filter
– Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): Indicates the number of tobacco smoke, pollen and dust an air purifier can remove in a certain area. Tests performed by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM).
– Cubic feet per minute (CFM) : How many cubic feet per minute this air purifier can filter this measures the air purification efficiency of the air purifier.
– Fan Speeds: This gives you the ability to s time to filter the air for example when there is cigarette smoke in the air and you want to get rid of the odor. Turn down the speed for when you sleeping and want the noise level as low as possible.
– Item Dimensions: The width, length and height of the air purifier and how it fits in the room.
– Power Consumption: How much electricity the air purifier uses and what wattage it is suitable for.
– Warranty: You warranty this is primarily for the motor of the air purifier since you may be leaving the air purifier on for long periods, you want your motor to be of great quality. And not die in 2 or 3 years of use.
Other features which manufacturers add to air purifiers
Unique features: Some air purifiers have UV lights, ion generators, eco modes, specifically designed HEPA filters and other features such as interchangeable covers.
Types of Air purifier filtration systems
Common air filtration system
Unusual air filtration system
|True High Efficiency Particulate Air Filter (HEPA)
Pre Mesh Filter
Active carbon filter
PhotoElectroChemical Oxidation (PECO)
|PhotoCatalytic Oxidation (PCO)
Titanium dioxide (TiO2)
Ozone generators (O3)
Thermodynamic Sterilization (TSS)
Oxygen Plus Technology